Saturday, September 02, 2006

SPASH Hits

Bob Burns and the Breakups play tonight at the Glass Nickel on Atwood St. - in fact, they're probably pretending to tune up right now as I write this. I've always been curious about this group as 1) what little I've heard of their hyperactive garage-y hit-and-run-style sonic whoop-de-doo seems like it might reward further analysis, and 2) they all appear to be products of the Steven's Point Area Senior High, and thus (as I am a proud lifelong Lumberjack), my eternal hated rivals. I'd go see 'em tonight, but that would involve leaving the house and...well...I'm not as good at that as I used to be. I'm sure you understand. Alan Moore does ("...I tend to just stay here in my kind of - well, I wouldn't say it was normal - my slightly unusual terraced house in Northampton. I don't venture far outside. I mean, even the other end of the living room is a bit of a mystery to me, so I tend not to hear much of that.")

So for all my fellow shut-ins, here's a taste (via Killed By Death Records) of what you're missing out on.

From Bob Burns and the Breakups Hydrostatic Heart EP (Plastic Idol)"
Hydrostatic Heart
Losing My Head
Acid Reflex

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Thanks for the plug but could you please direct people directly to the post instead of the mp3s :). Think that's fair.

4:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Dan, thanks for the write-up! only our drummer went to school at SPASH. i went to Almond-Bancroft High (student total = 200) and our bass player went to school somewhere in milwaukee. just wanted to let you know!

-Bob

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home |

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com